The Faculty of Graduate Studies offers awards to new students through the annual Entrance Competition.
To be eligible, you cannot have started your program prior to taking up the award. The start date of the award must be the same as the start date of your program.
The awards will be paid starting May, September or January after competition results are announced mid-March. If your program requires you to be registered as a master’s student first before transferring to the PhD program, you are eligible to apply. The award will not be paid until you are registered in the PhD program.
Alberta Innovates – Technology Futures (AITF) Entrance Scholarships
These scholarships support high caliber thesis-based international or Canadian students undertaking a full-time graduate program in research areas that are strategically important to Alberta. Research must be related to Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Nano, or Omics, or additionally supporting the areas of Health, Bio-industries, or Energy and the Environment.
AITF scholarships are also offered through the Graduate Award Competition. Applicants to the AITF Entrance competition will automatically be considered for the AITF competition administered through the GAC.
Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships
Open to international and Canadian candidates who will be registered full-time in the first year of a doctoral program. These scholarships were established to attract and retain the best and brightest future leaders from around the world in support of the University of Calgary’s Eyes High vision of becoming one of the top five research universities in Canada.
Terms of reference for individual doctoral recruitment scholarships are posted on the Graduate Award Database. To refine your search results, select the “entrance” category.
2017 Entrance Competition is closed.
New students can also use the Entrance application to apply for awards offered through the Graduate Award Competition. It is not necessary to submit two applications.
Only one application is required regardless of the number of awards you are applying for.
IMPORTANT: It is your responsibility to ensure your application is completed in the correct file format.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to complete this form. Download Adobe Reader.
- Opening this form in any software other than Adobe Reader will corrupt the file.
- This application is not compatible with all browsers.
- Open the blank application form from our website. Choose “save as” and save a copy on your computer. Name your application: ENTR_YourLastName_YourFirstName.pdf
- Confirm your application is in the correct format: all fillable fields and text must be visible. Do not add or delete fillable fields.
- Complete one or two test fields on your application, save, close and reopen on a different computer to ensure the form is correctly saved.
- Printed or scanned applications will not be accepted.