University of Calgary
UofC Navigation

Studying at another University

Submitted by 21232f297a57a5a... on Mon, 08/10/2015 - 2:58pm
Studying at other universities while enrolled at the University of Calgary
As a graduate student at the University of Calgary, you may wish to take a course offered at another institution to be used as credit towards your University of Calgary degree.
You must gain approval from your program and the Faculty of Graduate Studies before the course(s) begins.
The Western Deans’ Agreement allows University of Calgary students to take courses at selected Western Canadian Universities while paying University of Calgary tuition.
The Canadian Graduate Student Research Mobility Agreement encourages graduate student mobility within Canada in order to foster exchange of ideas, specialized training, research collaboration, and interdisciplinary studies.
If the university you wish to attend is not a part of the Western Deans’ Agreement or the Canadian Mobility Agreement, you will require a Letter of Permission (Word) from your University of Calgary graduate program and the program at the other institution.
Transfer Credit
It is possible to receive transfer credit toward your University of Calgary graduate degree for courses already taken at another institution.
Cotutelle for Doctoral Students
The University of Calgary recognizes Doctoral Cotutelle Study as a means to increase structure and highlight international research collaboration between partner universities.
If you are a University of Calgary graduate student and you want to go on an exchange, you will need to fill out a application for exchange (Word ) form.