University of Calgary
UofC Navigation

Western Deans' Agreement

Submitted by 21232f297a57a5a... on Mon, 08/10/2015 - 10:16am
You may be interested in taking a course at another institution to be used as credit toward your University of Calgary graduate degree program. You can do this at a Western Canadian university through the Western Deans’ Agreement.
As a registered graduate student you may apply for student status at a university listed below by completing the Western Deans' Agreement authorization form (PDF) and obtaining the approval of your Graduate Program Director and the Faculty of Graduate Studies here at the University of Calgary.
You also require approval from the Graduate Department /Program and Faculty of Graduate Studies at the institute you wish to attend. Application due dates vary at each institution, but must be received at the university you wish to attend at least two weeks before the course start date.
*Check with the host university to confirm application due dates.

Host Universities

  • Athabasca University
  • University of Alberta
  • Brandon University
  • University of British Columbia
  • British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
  • University of Calgary
  • Concordia University College of Alberta
  • University of Lethbridge
  • University of Manitoba
  • University of Northern British Columbia
  • University of Regina
  • Royal Roads University
  • University of Saskatchewan
  • Simon Fraser University
  • University of Victoria

As a University of Calgary graduate student, what are my fees?

You pay tuition and general fees at the University of Calgary and applicable general fees at the host institution. Contact the host university for information on their fees.

How do I transfer my course credits back to the University of Calgary?

You are responsible for arranging for an official transcript to be sent from the host institution back to the University of Calgary when your course(s) at the host university are completed.

As a student from another university, when is my application due?

If you are a student from another university and would like to register for courses at the University of Calgary, your application is due by:
  • December 1 – For January Session
  • April 1 – For May Session
  • June 1 – For July Session
  • August 1 – For September Session