- A four year baccalaureate degree, or equivalent from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point system, over the past two years of full-time study (a minimum of 10 full-course equivalents or 60 units) of the undergraduate degree.
Individual graduate programs may require a higher admission GPA, which is set out in their calendar entries.
An applicant whose primary language is not English may fulfill the English language proficiency requirement in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL score of 86 with no section less than 20 (Internet-based) or 560 (paper-based). Our institution code is 0813.
- IELTS score of 6.5 with no section less than 6.0 (Academic version).
- MELAB score of 80, or higher.
- PTE score of 59, or higher (Academic version).
- By successfully completing Tier 3 of the University of Calgary's International Foundations Program.
Some programs require scores higher than the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Please contact your graduate program of interest for further information.
Graduate Program Endorsement
Each graduate program determines whether to recommend the admission of a particular applicant to the Faculty of Graduate Studies based on departmental considerations.
Please contact your graduate program of interest at the earliest possible date to learn and understand program specific requirements and to apply for admission.