University of Calgary
UofC Navigation

Exchange Students

Graduate students at other universities are welcome to study, or participate in research at the University of Calgary that can be used as credit toward their degree. Exchange students will continue to pay tuition fees to their home universities.
To Apply
1. Get approval from your program of interest and the Faculty of Graduate Studies before the course(s) begins. Please contact your program administrator for approval at the program level. Contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies at for approval from grad studies.
2. Review the list of Exchange Agreements below and identify the one that applies to you. If your university is not listed, please contact the Graduate Program Officer for your program.
3. Know and understand the Exchange Agreement that governs the exchange program between the University of Calgary and the partner university.
4. Download and fill out all necessary forms for your application.
Exchange Agreements
Existing exchange agreement with the University of Calgary
If the university you are coming from, or going to, has an exchange agreement with the University of Calgary, you will need to fill out this application for exchange. Please check with your program.

Western Deans’ Agreement 
The Western Deans’ Agreement allows graduate students from the following universities to take courses as exchange students at the University of Calgary:
Athabasca University
British Columbia Institute of Technology
Brandon University 
Concordia University College of Alberta
Royal Roads University
Simon Fraser University
Thompson Rivers University 
University of Alberta
University of British Columbia
University of Calgary
University of Lethbridge 
University of Manitoba
University of Northern British Columbia
University of Regina 
University of Saskatchewan
University of Victoria

Canadian Graduate Student Research Mobility Agreement 
This agreement encourages graduate student mobility within Canada in order to foster exchange of ideas, specialized training, research collaboration, and interdisciplinary studies. Check your home university for regulations and procedures.  

Other exchange agreements 
Please check with your home program, or contact a UCalgary program to see if there are any exchange opportunities available. An application for exchange must be completed and forwarded to Faculty of Graduate Studies for final approval.